NCLA Nail Wraps: Reflect Yourself


A while ago, Nail Polish Canada started to carry the popular NCLA nail wraps in their store and contacted me to do a review. After starting working, I hardly had the time to do nail art so you can imagine my joy and excitement at having the chance to wear fancy nails after so long! There are several gorgeous designs available at NPC and it took me a long time to decide on two designs.

This is the first design that I've picked:


ncla-nail-wraps-reflect-yourself03

Reflect Yourself.
A beautiful mosaic design that makes me feel like my nails are encrusted with jewels.

Application is very simple. The official instructions are:

  1. Clean your nails with nail polish remover.
  2. Apply a coat of clear nail polish - let dry.*
  3. Choose the right size for each nail and peel from the sheet by the flap (the tab).
  4. Apply the round side against the cuticle. Wrap can be removed and stretched to fit.
  5. Once in position, firmly flatten the wrap starting from the cuticle. 
  6. Use the nail file to file away the excess in a downward motion.
  7. Apply another coat of clear polish for seal and shine.
  8. Removal: simply peel them off your nails. 

*I definitely recommend applying a coat of clear polish before any application. This will help to protect your nails when you remove the wraps. The nail wraps are quite adhesive because, well, they are meant to stick onto the nails firmly. While this is good, it may peel off the top layer of your nails if you apply the wraps directly onto your bare nail. I applied a coat of base coat and a coat of top coat (a little too much? lol!) before using the nail wraps and the wraps only took off small pieces of the top coat without damaging my nails.

I am pleasantly surprised to find the smaller nail wraps nicely sized for my nails. I could apply most of them directly without any trimming. For the ones that are slightly larger, I trimmed them slightly with a pair of scissors before peeling them from the sheet and applying them on my nails.

The wraps are thin and very easy to apply. While I did not have to stretch them because my nails are relatively flat, I did notice that the wraps are very flexible and it should be able to stretch to fit curvier nails without any trouble as well. 

Unlike the other nail wrap that I've tried previously, the NCLA nail wraps do not disintegrate with a top coat (thankfully!). I put two coats of top coat over the wraps to give them a mega-shine.

Each nail wrap kit is US$16 and comes with 44 wraps of different sizes (printed on 2 sheets) and one nail file. Quite value for money if you ask me. There are enough wraps to use for at least 4 manicures - more if you do not discard the excess from the larger wraps. Of course, it is also good as a quick and easy accent nail to spice up a manicure:


ncla-nail-wraps-reflect-yourself01
OPI DS Extravagance with Reflect Yourself on accent
You can see the range of designs available at Nail Polish Canada here. The nail wraps ship free within Canada (and the US?) - no minimum purchase required!

Stay tuned for the second design that I've picked! It's a beauty too <3

What do you think of the NCLA nail wraps? Have you tried them before?


 photo xoxo_zpsaad7ebe5.png

*Product provided for our honest review. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.*

7 comments:

  1. I love the pattern of these, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like these too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are cute! I've always wanted to try nail wraps, but I really not the patient and gentle kind, so I'm always afraid that I'll ruin them trying to place them on my nails! One of these days though... one of these days... *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terribly clumsy at such things so I was relieved that it is easy to lift up the wrap and reposition it before smoothing it on the nail ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiquai AtchisonMay 30, 2015 at 1:32 AM

    I'm overcoming my NCLA nail wrap addiction. The first time I tried them, I used a base coat as the directions recommended. My nail wraps didn't last a full day before they were peeling off of my nails. Second time around, I used no base coat and they lasted almost two weeks. After that, I began using them sans base coat. However, when I removed them by peeling them off as per the instructions, I noticed that thin layers of my nail were coming off with them. Tried some of NCLA's transparent wraps over a base coat. Got through a full day and thought all was well. But, then the next day, my transparent wraps had peeled off so badly that I had no choice but to take them all the way off. I have much better luck with the nail polished based wraps a' la Sally Hansen. No damage to my nails and they, too, last quite some time. I'm going to give the Incoco wraps a try in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories