OPI: DS Extravagance

Hi lovelies!

I apologize for not posting yesterday. Jayo and I have decided to reduce the number of weekly posts because of our crazy schedules. Starting this week, I will be having intensive classes from 6.30pm to 9.30pm on Mondays to Wednesdays for three weeks - all these on top of my regular classes! I don't know how I will survive the next three weeks. Urgh. I will probably go around for my classes like a zombie. @_@

Anyway, if you have been following me on twitter, you would have known that I've given up trying to have nice long nails. I don't know about you but I seem to type a lot slower because the nails keep getting into my way! Since I was too lazy to use my file to take down the length, I clipped my nails - only to realize I've clipped them too short. So... say hello to my new nubbins!


Oh wait, they don't look that short today. Ah wells, they were a little stubbier a few days ago.

Because it is still Chinese New Year, I decided to stick to brighter colors and picked OPI DS Extravagance.

Extravagance is an incredibly stunning deep raspberry with a scattered holographic effect. Unfortunately, the sun wasn't out today so I was unable to capture the holographic sparkles. If you look closely, you can see flashes of color peeking out from the nails and the bottle. What's more, if you just angle your nails slightly, you will be able to see a slight golden flash where the light hits the nail, very subtly lighting up that area. Freaking gorgeous!



Here's a macro bottle shot to show you the hol-iness:


What do you think of Extravagance? What are your favorite DS-es?

xoxo,
mich

9 comments:

  1. This is sooooo pretty!!!  I want this!!  I don't have any faves yet.  The only one in my stash is DS Classic, which I still haven't tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extravagance is gorgeous, it the first DS I had. :) All DS I have are my faves, can't really decide. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh. I don't have Classic but it looks pretty from the swatches I've seen online. You should try it soon! :D 

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my first (and only) DS too! I'd been eyeing it for quite a while before I finally caved it. I'm so glad I bought it! It's really pretty! <3 
    I wish they still have the old DS polishes - I'm really lemming Glamour so hard! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elysia Krishnadasan TorrensFebruary 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM

    after looking at your blog I want so many new nail polishes! its totally amazing - well done & keep up the good work, I'll be checking out each new post you do :) one of the few blogs i've seen that genuinely love

    http://polishedpixie.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elysia Krishnadasan TorrensFebruary 11, 2012 at 3:45 AM

    love your blog, but want so many new polishes now - including this one! I've followed and will be checking up on any of your posts :) check out my blog? would mean so much
    http://polishedpixie.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Thank you Elysia! I'm flattered! Extravagance is really one gorgeous polish that I will definitely recommend!
    I sure will pop by your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just purchased Extravagance and Classic. I love the both of them honestly and ive been looking up pictures to drool at prior to this, because i thought i would never see these babies in stores lol. Buuut for some reason i was surprised by the face that they are both scattered holos....I currently own Milani 3d effects in most of the colors except for Gold and Green I think currently because neither of the two DS's I just bought are linear holos, Milani might have might vote for now. They aren't linear either but you can kinda see holo flakies lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean! The older DS-es are really gorgeous linear holos! My fav has to be DS Glamour. I drool over the swatches all the time! Such a pity that they discontinued it :(
    The holo is Extravagance is really a lot more subtle as compared to the Milanis but I quite like the richness of this color ^_^ 
    Will have to try the Milanis for myself some day though! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories